It has been a while, but I am back to blogging about my baking.
So after a week of exercise and uni work nothing is better than sitting down with a peanut butter brownie and here is the recipe, so you can try them out yourselves…
225g crunchy peanut butter
200g dark/plain chocolate, broken into pieces
280g light brown sugar
100g SR flour
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm tin (or whatever suitably sized tin you have) and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Set aside 50g of chocolate and 50g of peanut butter. Measure the remaining peanut butter, chocolate and all of the sugar into a medium sized pan. Heat until the sugar melts, stirring occasionally and the mixture becomes smooth and sticky.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the eggs, one at a time (Stir quickly to avoid cooking the eggs). Then sieve the flour into the mixture.
(Sorry the image won’t rotate!)
4. Using a spatula pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Then in the microwave melt the 50g of peanut butter and drizzle onto the brownie.
5. Place tin into the oven on the bottom shelf and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a crust has formed and in middle is still soft. Melt the 50g of chocolate and drizzle onto the brownie.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack and then cut into squares and transfer to a airtight container (or start eating immediately!). Perfect served on their own or warm with ice cream!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did 🙂 Heads up, a carrot cake recipe will be posted very shortly!