Another weekend and another baking session, this time I made possibly one of the easiest and most delicious cakes ever, a lemon drizzle cake. It is super easy as it is an all in one recipe and the crunchy sugary lemony top makes it irresistible!
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy!
87.5g (3oz) SR flour
87.5g (3oz) caster sugar
87.5g (3oz) softened margarine
3/4 tsp baking powder
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
50g (2oz) caster/granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350ºF/gas mark 4. Line a 450g loaf tin with greaseproof paper, I prefer using loaf tin liners and it is easier to line the tin and looks nicer when it comes out!
2. Using a hand mixer, beat together all of the cake ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture into your prepared tin, using a spatula to scrap the sides of the bowl.
4. Bake in your preheated oven on the bottom shelf for 30 minutes or until the cake is well rinsed, springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Transfer to a wire rack. To make the icing combine the sugar (granulated sugar can be used to add more of a crunch to the topping) with the lemon juice (cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice on your hands over a bowl, so to trap the pips) and mix together to form a icing. Drizzle the icing all over the cake while it is still warm and in the tin.
6. Leave to cool, remove from the tin and the greaseproof paper. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Thanks once again for reading my blog, until next time fellow bakers…